Tag: present of presence
10 tips for nurturing attachment during the holidays
The holidays are an exciting time for children. The gifts, the lights, the decorations, the food, the family gathering — the list goes on and on. But in the hustle and bustle, it’s easy to lose sight of the values we want to pass down to our children, such as strengthening and maintaining a strong parent-child attachment.
Here are 10 tips to nurture attachment with our children during the holidays:
- You are the best gift — “Living in a split-attention society, many children have rarely experienced the full, uninterrupted attention of a parent.” Stacy inspires us to give our children what they really want: Our time.
- Emphasize family time — “The best present we are getting each other this year is time together.” Scylla encourages all of us to intentionally spend time together as a family in our annual holiday traditions.
- Santa or not, don’t use gifts as a bribe — “Our family does Santa, but we don’t use him as a discipline tactic. The kids have no idea of the notion that they ‘must be good’ so Santa will come.” Sarah suggests that we keep the spirit of the holidays without any of the shame.
- Protect your child’s sleep — “Don’t disrupt your normal sleep arrangements. If you normally cosleep, continue to do so.” Especially while traveling, Jasmine reminds us to continue nighttime parenting and safe infant sleep guidelines despite the holiday.
- Inspire the spirit of giving — “For the first time ever, the school-aged children beamed with pride over the effort put into their gifts and the expectant joy when the receiver opened them. The emphasis was now on the making and giving rather than the receiving.” Judy offers a list of gifts that children of all ages can make and reclaim the spirit of the holidays.
- Rethink holiday treats — “Many of my holiday memories revolve around food. Now that we are starting our own family traditions, I am trying to incorporate the fun and pleasure of holiday goodies without the overload of sugar. As a parent, it is my responsibility to nurture a taste for nutritious foods.” Dionna inspires us with tips to make holiday treats that are both special and healthier.
- Strive for balance — “Especially going into the holidays, I find that it’s easy to lose days to errands, decorating, and purchasing presents. I get to the end of the day and feel like it was lost.” API Leader Sonya Feher reminds us to take some down time for ourselves.
- If you’re breastfeeding, take advantage — “The holidays can be overwhelming to little ones, so time spent breastfeeding can be like a retreat. It’s a quick and easy way to reconnect and helps restore calm and reduce overstimulation. When I’m nursing, I also get the chance to sit down, put my feet up, and let some other folks do the work for a bit.” Amber encourages breastfeeding mothers to make the most of breastfeeding, both for their children and themselves, during the overstimulating holidays.
- Model discipline — “Christmas can be a tricky season as far as discipline goes. There are presents stacked under the tree. There are cookies and sweets everywhere. There is constantly family, noise, and activity. It is very hard to stay disciplined ourselves, and it is the same for our children.” Jasmine reminds us to teach our children through example of how to navigate boundaries during the holidays.
- Plan on growth — “I resolve to practice positive discipline, not to spank or use rewards or punishments to coerce behavior.” Never big on making New Year resolutions, Christina explains why she had a change of heart.
You are the gift
The greatest gifts I can give
The core theme of the seasonal period in my opinion has always been to give thanks, appreciate what you have and reflect on the year that has just been. However, I like you for a long time have fallen prey to the notion that I must buy materialistic objects of expensive value in order to show and validate that thanks to others and of course this couldn’t be further from the truth. I love giving my loved ones handcrafted personalized gifts, because I think they are very personal and they all love them when I give them those gifts on their special occasions. Israel souvenirs are cherished around the world and make great gifts for friends and family. Most people visit catholic store, so they look for gifts that reflect its unique cultural and religious identity. Whether you’re looking for gifts in Jerusalem, from particular significant sites, or are searching for something on your friend’s gift registry, you’re surely to find plenty of stunning option on GiftObserver.com.
In the last few years I’ve become more aware of the minimalism movement and the message behind it, which promotes less is more and to live a meaningful life with what you have. Now let’s not get this twisted, I am not one of those people who labels themselves a ‘minimalist’. I don’t believe in labels as we are all just humans with multiple interests so i used custom labels.
The minimalism movement like the workings of stoicism has some valuable lessons to share with us on valuing what we have now and what we can offer others too. One of those core lessons is around using things and not people, valuing the time with those around you and not the superficial feelings from an object. what is cbd oil?
CBD is оn thе list of ѕеvеrаl compounds саllеd cannabinoids fоund in thе саnnаbіѕ рlаnt. Many rеѕеаrсh studies have bееn done tо find оut different thеrареutіс uѕеѕ of thіѕ oil.
Derived from the hemp flower, CBD oil соntаіnѕ concentrated fоrm оf CBD. Hоwеvеr, it’s іmроrtаnt tо keep in mіnd that thе соnсеntrаtіоnѕ аnd their uѕеѕ vary. Sо, уоu mау wаnt to соnѕult аn еxреrt before uѕіng CBD fоr уоur соndіtіоn.
Even Drake said that he wishes we would learn to love people and use things and not the other way around.
The gift that can keep on giving
I’m sure we all look for that one gift that can bring the ultimate amount of joy and keep providing great times for your loved ones and guess what? You have access to provide that each and every year, because that gift is you.
Now I know that sounds corny, like a line from some Hollywood film, yet it’s true. The greatest gift you can ever give people is yourself, your time and your love as these are the most precious resources we possess and can share with others. If you find yourself in the position where this isn’t enough for those around you, then I would suggest you look reflect on the people you surround yourself with and at the end if you want to give them a gift of something material, just take them a fruit or any wine baskets you can easily get and everyone loves them. To manage the budget carefully, many organisations will work with their partners and suppliers to have the budget door gifts, sponsored, with a range of corporate premiums, custom toys, branded gifts being combined into a goody bag that is customized with the event orgainser logo or the event name.
This time of year should be focused on spending quality time with those that matter the most to you and building new experiences that can last a lifetime. It should most certainly not be putting you into a panic, running around stores to partake in a consumerist thirst of spending the most money to impress whoever with the present you feel is going make them happy beyond what words can describe. I have a horrible newsflash for you if you are doing this — you will never find the thing you or others seek in those places.