API Speaks’ Carnival of Presence!

by API Blog on October 1, 2008

Happy Attachment Parenting Month! API Speaks has dedicated the month to Giving Our Children Presence and one way we’re going to do that is with the first in a series of monthly AP Carnivals.

To participate in the carnival, submit a post on how you give your children your presence to our Blog Carnival registry by Wednesday, October 15, at 2pm Mtn, and we’ll link to your post on Monday, October 20.

There will be prizes for those who participate as well as those who spread the word (even if you don’t have a blog, you can submit a short post in the comments section), so check back often. Besides, you don’t want to miss some of our fabulous guest posters who will be sprinkled throughout the month.

API Blog (53 Posts)

APtly Said, Formerly API Speaks launched in April of 2008 as part of Attachment Parenting International's larger effort to offer interactive content through their newly-redesigned web site: http://www.attachmentparenting.org. All contributors to APtly Said, as with so many of API's staff, are volunteers who donate their time and energy to promote Attachment Parenting world wide.

Alicia October 3, 2008 at 9:38 am

What a coincidence! I just blogged about this, without knowing API was using this theme. Great idea to have monthly themes! What an important topic to start with too. :)

Adventures In Babywearing October 7, 2008 at 6:07 am

I am going to try to blog about this today!

Steph

Herb of Grace October 7, 2008 at 12:06 pm

I will have an AP/Babywearing post up on Wednesday! Thanks for doing this…

Shelly October 7, 2008 at 1:34 pm

I blogged about this today. Great topic!

Heather October 9, 2008 at 8:39 am

I blogged about this too!

Carolyn October 11, 2008 at 9:24 am

I blogged about this on Tuesday, Oct. 7. It might be a little bit different from other posts about this topic but I think it’s important to remember that we can give our presence to our children without being “perfect” attachment parenting parents. Part of giving our children our presence is giving them us–the person we are, the ideas we have, the uniqueness of our parenting style–and not second guessing ourselves all the time.

Debra October 15, 2008 at 8:23 pm

I did not know about this AP Carnival until tonight, but I sort of blogged about this in a post titled “What does the state of the economy have to do with your unborn baby?”: “In industrialized countries, particularly in well-to-do families, if one earner loses their job or has a lighter work load, he or she could have more time to spend at home with their children, improving their mental well-being.”

An earlier post about pediatric nutrition and preparing meals together said “As we got him ready for bed tonight, I was especially grateful that our limited evening time was spent with so much bonding, enjoyment, and fun.”