Work and AP
Evaluating Childcare, Maintaining Balance, and More
This Principle is not complete without reading http://www.attachmentparenting.org/principles/intro.php -- important information for understanding the context API's Principles of Parenting.
Returning to work and practicing attachment parenting are not mutually exclusive. However, attachment parenting families must take certain steps to ensure a smooth transition for the entire family.
Read more about Work and Attachment Parenting via the Links Below
- Provide Consistent and Loving Care - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Strive for Personal Balance in Your Personal and Family Life - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Find resources to help you evaluate childcare options
- Read Bring that Baby to Work, which appeared in API Links
- Learn how dads can connect after a day at work
- Read A Working Mom Seeks Balance on APtly Said (blog)
- Read about wearing your baby to work on APtly Said
- Discuss returning to work on the API Forums
The Attached Family
API's The Attached Family online magazine, updated weekly with articles on a variety of topics, is an extension of the quarterly The Attached Family print magazine. The following articles on Work and AP are accessible at no cost on The Attached Family online magazine. Please consider joining API to help support API's ability to continue providing this information.
- Seasons of Change: Helping a Child When Work Takes a Parent Away
- The Right Stuff: How AP Changed One Father’s Priorities
- Dual-Income Families Can Be AP, Too
- Take Time to Reconnect After the Work Day